Careers » Lead Web Application Developer
Seeking Lead/Senior Developer
Kirschbaum Development Group is a software engineering firm focused on solving interesting and complex business problems. We're unique because we are a developer led and developer driven company. Our customers range from small startups to some of the largest companies in the world.
What is important to us...
We are a team of highly skilled and capable people. Aside from will, dedication, and ambition, our biggest asset is our ability to learn and grow. Customers don’t hire us because we have all the answers. They hire us because we can quickly find effective and innovative solutions. We embrace modern technology as well as tried and true practices and principles from the past. We bring cautiousness and stability to our work. We are honest, hardworking, and passionate. We value people and relationships over processes and tools. We view ourselves as master crafters who respect and honor the importance and significance of what we do.
We believe that happy people make better decisions, write better code, and make great products. Team members will stay with us longer when they feel valued, feel like what they do matters, and feel like they have a say in the process.
We value personal and professional growth and prefer to work with people who have shown they will be invested in and committed to their own growth as individuals and professionals.
We are seeking a Lead Developer / Team Lead to work on a variety of projects ranging from SaaS products and e-commerce sites, to building out APIs and architecting tools. This is a fully remote position.
If you are a quick learner, passionate about your work, and are highly motivated, we urge you to consider applying even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed in this posting.
In addition to the details outlined below, a successful candidate will have expert level understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming, will be self motivated, have a love for learning and new technology, and be able to lead and mentor others.
The ideal candidate will be a full-stack web application developer (talented on both frontend and backend) who has a knack for problem solving and critical thinking. We are looking for someone with experience architecting solutions and breaking business requirements down into achievable technical tasks.
Great benefits including...
Work From Anywhere
Great Work Life Balance
Personal Budget for Books/Conferences
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Open Source Time
401k with company match & profit share
Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Shows excellent judgement in architecting and planning applications and features at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Interacts effectively with clients to determine project needs and to develop effective solutions.
- Keeps the team laser focused on our objectives and help to resolve any issues that arise.
- Consistently delivers quality work by focusing both on big picture and the details.
- Takes overall accountability for keeping the project clean and organized. This includes identifying next steps, clarifying unclear requests, and breaking larger requests into smaller and more manageable tasks.
- Takes professional accountability for getting things done. Does whatever it takes to make things happen, or gives advance warning if things aren’t going well so we can arrange for help.
- Understands successful concepts in UI, UX, design cleanliness, and design balance, and takes appropriate action to resolve situations where minimum standards are not being met.
- Takes overall accountability for the quality of code we write on a project.
- Takes overall accountability for the stability of a project.
- Ensures all team members on the project are clear on their tasks and have sufficient work for the day/week.
- Runs project meetings as needed.
- Reviews code carefully and provides constructive feedback.
- Understands what mentoring means, can recognize when it's needed, and can help when appropriate. Takes on a mentorship role with other team members.
- Experience in a lead developer / team lead role, including:
- 5+ years experience with PHP
- 4+ years experience with Laravel
- 4+ years experience with application design/architecture
- Advanced understanding of HTM and CSS
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Advanced experience/knowledge of database architecture and design
- History/knowledge of successful development workflows
- History/knowledge of successful team workflows
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- An eye for detail and a commitment to quality work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous customer service and client communication experience preferred
- Must be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.