Careers » Marketing & Business Development
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Remote)
We are a team of experts that provide web application development, staff augmentation, and technical consulting services to businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 50 companies. We are a people-centric company with a deep commitment to the communities we serve. We’re not your typical tech company, and we think you’ll love working here.
What is important to us...
We are a team of highly skilled and capable people. Aside from will, dedication, and ambition, our biggest asset is our ability to learn and grow. Customers don’t hire us because we have all the answers. They hire us because we can quickly find effective and innovative solutions. We embrace modern technology as well as tried and true practices and principles from the past. We bring cautiousness and stability to our work. We are honest, hardworking, and passionate. We value people and relationships over processes and tools. We view ourselves as master crafters who respect and honor the importance and significance of what we do.
We believe that happy people make better decisions, write better code, and make great products. Team members will stay with us longer when they feel valued, feel like what they do matters, and feel like they have a say in the process.
We value personal and professional growth and prefer to work with people who have shown they will be invested in and committed to their own growth as individuals and professionals.
We are seeking an innovative and talented Director of Marketing & Business Development to join our leadership team and execute a variety of new and ongoing initiatives. The successful candidate will play a critical role in growth and stability, and will have plenty of opportunities for advancement over the coming months and years.
If you are a quick learner, passionate about your work, and are highly motivated, we urge you to consider applying even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed in this posting.
This role will report directly to the CEO. It’s important to note that while we may end up hiring additional marketing team members in the future, the successful candidate will be capable of executing on their responsibilities without an advanced support team.
The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, have a vision for simple and clean design aesthetics, and have excellent communication and writing skills. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, self motivated, and a proven problem solver. Attention to detail is critical in this role.
This is a full-time remote position. Candidates must be able to work primarily between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Marketing / Brand Management / Social Media
- Business Development
- Business Analytics & Reporting
- Recruitment Strategy & Support
- Conference Planning (1 - 2 per year)
- Community Outreach
- Administrative Duties
Great benefits including...
Work From Anywhere
Great Work Life Balance
Personal Budget for Books/Conferences
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Open Source Time
401k with company match & profit share
Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Serve as a creative director and brand manager for the company. This includes helping to manage our designer(s) in support of sales and marketing goals.
- Ensure that our online presence accurately represents what we do and clearly conveys our value proposition to potential clients, partners, and the development community.
- Leverage social media to promote our brand, gain followers, and accurately represent who we are and where we are going as a company.
- Increase organic traffic and and the quality of sales leads.
- Create and iterate on various marketing campaigns and initiatives that hone in on both existing and new audiences.
- Leverage paid advertising (Adwords, Facebook, etc) and develop a system for generating highly qualified leads on demand.
- Produce, edit, and manage the creation and publication of strategic and compelling content (blog posts, articles, advertisements, promotional materials, podcasts, videos, etc).
- Work with the sales team to help optimize our sales strategies and systems.
- Work with the recruitment team to help optimize our recruitment strategies and systems.
- Help to foster and communicate our unique culture so that we can continue to build a reputation that attracts great partners, and compels insanely capable people to come work for us.
- Promote our open source and community contributions / involvement, including creating campaigns and initiatives that drive engagement and interaction.
- Travel to conferences and retreats (minimally 1 - 2 times per year) to ensure the success of our initiatives.
- Help to research, market, and develop new service offerings, new business relationships, and new product ideas.
- Embrace an evidence-based data-driven approach to making recommendations, solving problems, and improving processes.
- Help with business administration tasks as needed.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information with absolute discretion.
- Demonstrate that you have the relevant experience to deliver on the responsibilities listed here or show that your aptitude and innovative abilities will allow you to get there quickly.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in marketing and/or business development roles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent sense of clean, well balanced, and modern design. You don’t have to be a designer (although that would be great); you just need to be able to think like one.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of focus.
- Must be team oriented, flexible, open-minded, and conscientious.
- Quick to learn new skills and technologies.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Adwords.
- Experience with paid advertising campaigns (google, twitter, facebook, etc.).
- Experience working across a multitude of Marketing Automation platforms (Hubspot, Activecampaign, Marketo, Infusionsoft/Keap, etc).
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience training & mentoring people.
- Experience with some or all of the following: product development, innovation, SaaS products, UX, blogging, content creation, copywriting, sales, CRMs, customer service, competitor analysis, keyword research, SEO, SEM, direct marketing, email marketing, business analytics, website development, information architecture, podcasting, and video production.